I just ran across the WordPress application in the iPhone app store today and, well, this is me testing it out.
iPhone 1.1.1 Firmware Released, Part 1
iTunes just informed me that the 1.1.1 firmware is out for the iPhone. Here are the changes from the release notes:
• iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
• Louder speakerphone and receiver volume
• Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls
• Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space
• Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape
• Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered
• Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar
• Support for TV Out
• Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally
• New Passcode lock time intervals
• Adjustable alert volume.
I’m installing it right now, and will see how it plays with my third-party apps.
iPhone 1.1.1 Firmware Released, Part 2
Well, I finished the 150+ meg download and install to the iPhone. Looks like I lost all my third-party native apps, but nothing actually got broken. The iTunes store works very well over WiFi – the search is almost instant, and the preview of the song starts very quickly as well.
I seem to have lost a few of my settings, like 24h time, but overall, the upgrade went just fine. Now, I just have to wait for Nullriver and friends to come up with a new version of the Installer.app install, iBrickr, and other nice toys to work with this new firmware update. Or, pass me a winning lottery ticket so I can quit work and lend a hand!
Now this is pretty cool. MovableType now has an iPhone plugin. When you log in to your MT control panel from an iPhone, you get a nice iPhone-optimized interface automatically. This post was written using this new iPhone plugin – will edit in a bit from a PC to add a link to the plugin.
 Forgot to add the link! http://www.movabletype.org/2007/09/one_more_reason_to_buy_an_ipho.html
iPhone without AT&T
“DVD Jon” just found a way to “activate” the iPhone without the activation process. No details yet, but stay tuned at:
So sue me Â» Blog Archive Â» iPhone without AT
Update: Details are posted now